Sunday 13 June 2010

A Nodder or a Waver?

We boaters (well, 99% of us!) are an amazingly friendly lot!

So, "Are you a nodder or a waver?" I was asked by a hire-boater who had obviously noticed this sociable characteristic and found it very amusing.
It took one second of careful thought to tell him, "Me?  Most definitely a waver."

Yes, I wave to everyone!  Other boaters - skippers and crew, walkers-with-dogs, walkers-without-dogs, cyclists, hikers, fishermen and ............ BIG waves for children!!

Having said that ................. if it's cold and my hands are in my pockets ................ I nod!!  And sometimes, I've even been witnessed doing BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Am I a nodder or a waver?  I just  try to be .................... nice!

We are at a place called Cowroast (just outside of Tring) and have been walking on the Ashridge Estate run by the National Trust.  We have seen fallow deer which favour the woodlands, lovely views of the Chilterns and red kites have been  flying over the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment