Saturday 3 August 2013

Call this a Holiday?

“Come and have a lovely, restful holiday, Gill.  You so deserve it.”  …………….. my ‘friends’ said.

Little did I know that my few days on the boat would, in reality, be such hard graft!  Just look at the chores they’ve been making me do!  Call this friendship?  Huh!!

Gill 010 (768x1024)

I’d been on board less than 12 hours and they had me washing and polishing the external paintwork and cleaning the windows!

 

I obviously made too good a job of the outside because then they ordered me to do a whole lot of tasks on the inside.  I was threatened with not being allowed any dinner, Pimm’s, Gin & Tonic or wine until these chores were completed to their satisfaction:-

 

Gill 011 (768x1024)       Gill 013 (1024x768)       Gill 012 (768x1024)

Some restful holiday!

I was only allowed off the boat to operate every lock single handedly whilst walking the dog.  No mean feat, I can tell you and I’ve been charged with full responsibility of training the mutt not to pull on her new, Mark 4, anti-pull harness.

more gill 001 (1024x768)            more gill 003 (768x1024)

Angela made me go shopping with her WITH my credit card.  OK – she may well have invested in a new Dolly-Trolley but who is the mug who’s had to lug it all back to the boat?  All those bottles of beer weigh heavy!

Gill 016 (768x1024)

I’ve learned my lesson and it’s The Maldives for me next year.

9 comments:

  1. Well, don't even think I am your next slave because I promise you I am NOT!!!
    How lucky are you to have Gill? How daft is Gill?
    Hope you had a good rest Ange, looking forward to seeing you both on Saturday. Got to get over the Mothers visit first!!
    Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing chores for me will be a doddle after entertaining your mother! GOOD LUCK!!!! See you on Saturday or Sunday? About to ring! Gill? You KNOW she's a good actress. Well posed!! xxoo

      Delete
  2. Gill, my poor darling. Those Alibones are beyond contempt. Just be glad there aren't too many tunnels otherwise you'd be on your back walking to boat through, -to save on fuel. On the other hand it could be worse, if you were in the company of HRH Admiral......(you know who) you'd receive instructions on how to hold the polish and correct procedure for emptying the toilet etc., etc.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derek, my little portion of hand-picked English strawberries and dollop of Cornish clotted cream!!
      I respond on behalf of my best friend. Well, she was my best friend but .... she's resigned!! She's b******d off home - back to the little fella!! She says his boat was much easier to clean! SO - the situation is vacant if you are interested? By the way, old chap, it's ALLEBONE!! xxoo

      Delete
  3. Jill, Matilda Rose4 August 2013 at 07:58

    Dear Gill, when John and Angela have finished with you, how do you fancy a holiday on Matilda Rose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told that you are MUCH more adventurous employers - off to France! So, definitely interested - I am finding out about French lessons - the language and the special uniform I believe you are required to wear in France in positions of servitude - I've contacted Yvette from 'Allo, Allo' !! How is your old man's blood pressure? I will say this only once! She suggests you check it (or his life insurance policy) before taking me on!! xxoo

      Delete
    2. Jill, Matilda Rose5 August 2013 at 09:50

      G would have replied in person but he's off building a special new broom cupboard before you join us !!!!!
      He disappeared muttering something about Madonnas and frilly aprons xxoo

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete