Tuesday 25 May 2010

Into the Top Ten

I have found another mooring site that I think deserves to go into my "Top Ten".

Calling all Boating Twitchers .............. or Twitching Boaters! ................ take note!


Between Stanstead Abbots and Ware on the Lee Navigation.


AMWELL NATURE RESERVE
You can moor right by the side of this lovely reserve run by Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust.  There are three really good hides which you can actually go into without having to get a visitor's permit!  There are excellent pathways all around the reserve and, for most of it, you can even walk the dog!!  There are viewing points and information panels.


       






         Views of the reserve.




So often I see a reserve marked on the map, want to stop to have a look around .......... and there is nowhere to moor.  For me, this was a brilliant 'find'.  It's even close enough to lug a telescope!

No comments:

Post a Comment